Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Open for Business

If you have been looking at this blog- and I know there's at least 3 of you, you're probably wondering: when is this slacker going to get around to adding any real posts instead of just relying on widgets and lists?
I guess I have put it off long enough, so here is my first real post:

.....well, sort of, it will be a kind of a meta-post, since I am mostly thinking about blogging and posting and... why do I want to do this?

I'm 44, or as I like to say "forty fuckin' four", since I can't believe I'm not still 20.
I live in Savannah, GA.
I have a job in the wonderful 24/7 world of telecommunications and 3 kids under the age of 6, a hundred year old house and all the usual commitments of the family guy; my day is pretty heavily programmed.
I don't have a lot of hobbies, who has time? Shootin', music, photography and goofing around on the web is pretty much it.
I have never kept a diary and I have never been much of an original writer; I have always been better at editing something that's already been started.

The post ideas I have saved for later use are all over the map: raising kids, cool gadgets, political crap that bugs me, music and movies, interesting blog posts I have found, etc., etc.

Mostly, I think I am doing this because, as the cliche goes: the days are long, but the weeks fly by. I am exhausted at the end of each day which has seemed to go on forever, but before you know it... January and winter and 2006 and my thirties... are gone. Maybe this will help me slow things down a little, or at least give me something to look back on to remember what the heck I was doing way back when (6 months ago).

So, there you have it, I can't promise much, but I will try to be interesting, if not profound.

Maybe my motto should be "Better than splog"

No comments:

Post a Comment