Saturday, June 21, 2008

Violent Femmes back in the game....

Evidently Gnarls Barkley and The Violent Femmes are big fans of each other, as heard on Gnarls Barkley's version of Gone Daddy Gone previously.

Now the Femmes, one of my favorite bands from my college years, has returned the favor with their version of GB's "Crazy". For now it can only be listened to on their mySpace page (does anyone still go there?) but will be available on iTunes on 6/24. You will also be able to get it on blue vinyl, just in case you are part of the whole "vinyl purist" crowd.



I don't know if there will be a full album coming eventually or what. I don't think Gordon Gano's voice will ever change, it's still as distinctive as ever.


PS- here's my favorite VF song, and probably the first one I ever heard. You NEVER hear this on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment